Featuring Guest Speakers:
Join us for a roundtable discussion on Racial Discrimination, Islamophobia, and Sinophobia.
This event seeks to bring together experts, advocates, and individuals passionate about championing equality, understanding, and justice.
Our Keynote Speakers
The Honourable Senator Yuen Pau Woo
- Appointed to Canada’s Senate in 2016, The Honourable Yuen Pau Woo represents British Columbia as an independent.
- With over 30 years in public policy focusing on Canada-Asia relations, he spearheaded the Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada between 2005-2014 and held pivotal roles at PECC and Simon Fraser University’s Business Graduate School. Presently, he co-chairs the Standing Joint Committee for the Scrutiny of Regulations and serves on several influential Senate Standing Committees.
- Mohammed Hashim stands as the esteemed Executive Director of the Canadian Race Relations Foundation. With a solid foundation rooted in two decades of service as a labour organizer and passionate human rights advocate, Hashim has relentlessly championed the causes of equity, inclusion, and community upliftment. He now spearheads a crucial national taskforce in collaboration with the RCMP, aiming to set national standards on hate crimes. His impactful contributions have shaped multiple legislative and policy initiatives within the Canadian government. Beyond this, Hashim holds a prominent position on the Board of Trustees for the United Way of Greater Toronto and takes pride as a foundational advisor to both the Canadian Anti-Hate Network and the Urban Alliance on Race Relations.
What to Expect
- Thought-provoking discussions with our esteemed panel.
- Opportunities to network with like-minded individuals.
- A platform to share your thoughts and questions.
Voices & Bridges publishes opinions like this from the community to encourage constructive discussion and debate on important issues. Views represented in the articles are the author’s and do not necessarily reflect the views of the V&B.